"Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is within the power of your hand to do so." Proverbs 3:27
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
I Survived!
Many of you may remember this post where I had decided not to shop for 6 months. Well it has been six months! I can honestly say that my view on clothes and "stuff" has changed. I still love to have on a great outfit, but it doesn't always have to be new. God truly changed my heart and I have been able to refocus on what is truly important. When I first started this I didn't know if I could do it, really! As I continued to pray about it the desire simply went away. How cool is that? I really thought that when the 6 months came around I would be going crazy to get to the mall and shop, not the case!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yay! I'm so glad you survived and thrived. And of course, every time I saw you you looked so great with the cutest clothes. When you go shopping for new things let me know if you need some hangers. I have a few extra! (that won't make sense unless you read my post.)
That is awesome Jessica!! One of the older ladies that is in my group at Women's Bible Study (side note - this woman is awesome and I want to be JUST like her one day - maybe I should tell her that - something to think about - anyway) quoted scripture today that was something like if we believe in God with our whole heart we can move mountains. She said she never really grasped that until recently and what it is saying is if we truly believe in God and what he tells us he can help us move our own mountains. Thanks for sharing - and congrats on your success :)
Wow. I remember when you made that commitment. Has it already been six months? Congratulations, I am in awe of you.
Congratulations! I am so proud of you. I have to say, you are a better woman than I. If you do decide to go shopping again, give me a call. I love to shop!
-Kristen
Congratulations! I know being on a fixed budget (which btw doesn't really allow for any extras) that shopping for extras' is hard in the first few months, but after a few of not doing anything extra- that money that you would've spent goes to other area's of your life. (with the possibly of a little one in your home- toys, clothes, etc... ) may soon fill your home. :)) Good luck- if you ever want a lesson in food stocking, canning/dehydrating, etc. let me know :)))
I remember you telling me about it last summer like it was yesterday! You were determined to stick to it, and you did! BRAVO! I'm sure it wasn't easy, and now you have a different outlook on it! That's the best part! By the way, you DO always look fabulous every time we see you!!
Post a Comment