Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Catching up!

We have had a lot going on lately and I finally have a minute to catch up! I'll start with our excitement of our last fostering class. Well... it never happened! We got to our agency to find that the doors were locked. Apparently the class was from 1-4 rather than from 6-9 like our schedule showed.... SO we can't take the class until April 14. We were really disappointed but we know that there is always a reason! The agency will not start our home study until we finish all of our classes, so we will be pushed back a few weeks. I like to think that the little one God has chosen for us is not ready yet...

Mike and I got to go to Austin this past weekend to visit Austin Stone Community Church. The purpose of the trip was for me to literally see another church held in a school and get ideas and feedback. I had a GREAT time. What a fantastic Children's Ministry they have an amazing staff! They could not have been more supportive and uplifting. Thank you GOD for the opportunity to go! AND thank you Mike for going with me, talk about a supportive husband! He didn't think twice about going with me, perhaps he just wanted to miss a day of work... =)

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad you had a great time in Austin and that you learned so much! And how fun that Mike went with you.

So sorry about missing your class, but you're right in that there is always a reason. God's timing is prefect!

Jocelyn said...

OH I am so sorry about that last class. You sound like you are looking at it in a positive light, but I know that sinking feeling when you've waited so long and then something happens. And you are right... there is a reason... it's just hard when you can't see the reason and are just having to have that faith. So, hang in there.

Court said...

I remember the days of classes being postponed, or some piece of paperwork not being found at the time....but in the end, it's all in God's timing. There is ALWAYS a reason behind His timing, but I know it's still frustrating. Keep pressing on...the Lord is working!