Thursday, July 30, 2009

Answers

We finally have answers. For the past 2.5 years I have been in pain. Not constant pain but at times very severe, and after 3 gynecologists and one specialist we have found some answers. Let me go back... my precious hubby and I have been trying to have a baby for about 2 years now. Every doctor we have been to says everything is normal. On paper everything was normal. But I had this pain. No doctor really thought much of it because everything else was "normal." Well this past Tuesday I had surgery and Dr. Rawson (who goes to our church) found that I have stage 4 endometriosis (out of 4 stages). On one hand I am so excited to know what is going on but on the other it is hard not to be angry that other doctors didn't listen to me. The beautiful part is that Dr. Rawson does believe we will have children but it may take a little longer. My purpose in sharing this is that if you have something going on with your body and your doctor won't listen, CHANGE doctors! You know your body and you know if things are changing!

*** To clarify since some of you guys have asked. Yes, Dr. Rawson did go ahead and remove all of the endometriosis that he could without harming any female organs. I have been recovering this week and hope to be back to normal by church on Sunday! I don't do well with pain medicine!***

On another note we leave for vacation in just over a week and then we will most likely get our first foster child! I think it is so neat how God asked us to foster even before we knew we had issues getting pregnant. He definitely wants us to be parents and I can't wait to see what He has up his sleeve! God has been so good to us and my prayer is that He will find glory in this situation! Thank you precious friends who have been so supportive of our journey! We love you!

9 comments:

Jess said...

Thank you for sharing your story, Jess! We're definitely keeping you guys in our prayers.

ChrissyK said...

Thank you for sharing something so personal and special to you guys. I am so happy that you finally have some answers. I am so happy that you are pleased with Dr. Rawson... we love him too!

I think we are finally seeing the light through the tunnel. Soon, very soon, God will be blessing you guys with children and you will wonder where did all your free time go. :o)

We love you and are so happy for you. God is good!

Lacey said...

Oh Jessica...did we not talk about this over a year ago?!?!? I knew it sounded like endo. I am so glad that you have Dr. Rawson who took the time with you to really find out what is going on. Are you doing the surgery to clean it out?? I did my surgery in September and got pregnant with Gavin the next February. You and Mike are destined to be parents and I know it will happen for you guys. I know you must be so relieved to have some answers. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your trip and I can not wait to meet the sweet little one you will have in your home very soon. XOXOXOXO

Jess Richey said...

Lacey, yes, I had the surgery on Tuesday. I have been recovering all week! WOW! I didn't realize how invasive it was! But I am so glad to have it done!

Court said...

So thankful that you found Dr. Rawson & that he was able to get to it in time :) I know it's been a long and painful 2 years, but now you can move forward.

Have a wonderful vacation! Very soon you'll be wondering what you did with all your free time! Can't wait to see what the Lord has planned for you guys. Miracles happen :)

Anonymous said...

Jess, I have been praying for you and cannot wait to see what God has in store for such special people. You two are a testimony of faith and it's an inspiration for all those watching!! We love you!!

-Kristen

Jocelyn said...

So glad you are feeling better. Don't do too much too fast. I'm assuming you have stitches... and... well... I decided after one of my surgeries to do a little paining... and popped them open and now have 2 belly buttons kinda... hmmmm...!!!
I pray you guys have a relaxing and wonderful vacation together and then... oh boy!! (or girl!!!) :)

Kristyn said...

i am so sorry that you have been dealing with that pain!! I am glad that Dr. Rawson figured it out. I will be praying for a great recovery.

Jennifer said...

It's been 7 years for us.. 7 long years... We have answers as to why, but that doesn't make it any easier. At times, I think it would be easier not having any female parts, its easier to explain. I completely understand what you are going through. Please let me know if you need to chat.