Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mourning the loss

Jacob was with us 3 1/2 months, that seem like such a short period of time. However, it was plenty of time to develop attachment with our sweet Little Man. When Jacob left we decided that we needed to mourn our loss. Jacob become "our baby" not "our foster baby" and being without him has been tough. We miss him so much!

For lack of a better term, we took 3 weeks "off" from fostering to regroup and pray for our next sweet baby. I absolutely can't wait to see who God selects for us next! He blessed us so richly with Jacob, I don't even know how to express in words how he changed our lives. It is the hardest, best thing we have ever done. GOD IS SO GOOD!

I will definitely keep you posted on our next sweet baby! Thanks for your prayers!

4 comments:

Court said...

You know that we've been praying...and we just can't wait to see who the Lord brings into your home and hearts. Love you!

Jocelyn said...

I know how hard it is and how important but so empty that mourning period can be. Whether it's a month or a year, they make such an impression, such an impact... and to think that anyone could think that these are "just" foster kids.
I am very excited and prayerful about what God has planned next. One thing I hope He has planned is for a few more playdayes than there have been in the past!!! :) I was just realising that you have a lot more in common w/ me going on in your life than just the fostering...and that I haven't been very good at seeing how that was going.
Anyways... know that I am praying and anxiously awaiting a new chapter and journey.

Kristyn said...

I cant wait to meet your new baby!! I am praying for that sweet little baby.

Lacey said...

We are so excited to meet J.J. :) Hope you guys are getting a little sleep and transitioning well. Are you in need of anything??