"Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is within the power of your hand to do so." Proverbs 3:27
Monday, August 25, 2008
Desires of the heart
"Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.... Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him" Psalm 37:4, 7. This verse came to mind after having a wonderful lunch today with a friend. We both spoke of the desires of our heart and how extremely hard it is to be patient. I think sometimes we get so caught up in our own desires that we forget that even those who appear to have everything, also have their own issues that they are dealing with. My prayer is that I will focus on delighting myself in the Lord rather than focusing on the desire of my heart..... I know He hears me and He knows my deepest longings, I just have to trust that His timing and His plans are far more spectacular than mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thank you for sharing that verse with us. I agree that it is extremely hard to be paitent and BELIEVE that our GOD is a good GOD. I can only trust in HIM that our desires will be met in HIS season. We have been ttc now for almost 6 years although I truely believe it isn't my season yet, it is still something I find hard to deal with.
Patience - that is the hard one for me. Thanks for reminding me that by being patient and waiting on God - things will be so much better than I could ever have planned. Great verse!!
I think we can all use that verse. I know it is so hard to stay focused for me. But God ultimately does have it all in the plan. Patience...it's so hard, isn't it?
Amen! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I always love reading them and am encouraged by you!
Post a Comment