Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Preparing for Ike
Businesses took Ike seriously too!
Mike helping clean up the street.

A tree from our next door neighbor's yard barely missed Mike's car.
A large tree down in our neighborhood.

Our neighbors working together on the street. Sadly, most of our neighbors had damage to their homes. Many trees went down causing lots of roof damage and therefore water damage. We had no damage to our house so we just helped out where we could.
This is our neighbor Scott. He came over at 4:00AM to try and get Mike to move his car. Scott was sure the tree in his yard was going to crash on top of Mike's car. Mike said it was just a car and he was not going to risk his life to move it. Thank goodness, because he would have been crushed. The tree came down seconds later.

We are all safe and sound, thank you to everyone who prayed for us!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am soooo glad you finally posted and everything is alright with you and Mike.. I have been faithfully reading your Houston paper trying to find word if your area was hit hard by IKE. I can't imagine what it sounded like. Post more when you can. Lots of prayers went your way.

Emily said...

I'm so glad Mike didn't go move the car! How scary. What a relief to not have any damage to your home. We didn't have any, either, and I am so thankful!