Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Update on Mariah!


This sweet little bundle is growing and flourishing! God is SO good! I have to remind myself that she was born at 26 weeks, she is so healthy it's hard to remember that she is a little miracle baby! We haven't been to the doctor in a couple of weeks, but she has to be well over 8 pounds now! And she is SMILING! I have tried to get a picture of her beautiful smile but no luck yet.


There have been a couple of disappointments this month regarding Mariah's biological family. She had a family visit last week so we drove downtown to meet Mariah's mom, dad, and siblings. Sadly, only the siblings showed up. Thank God, Mariah is too young to know that her parents chose not to attend. I did get to meet 2 of Mariah's siblings (she has 3), and they are precious! Her big sister is 2 and her big brother just turned 4. She has another big sister that is 1 but I haven't met her yet. So, we all played together... Mike, me, and the kids. It was so fun, but so sad at the same time...

Then this week we drove over near Reliant Stadium for a Family Conference which we found out was cancelled. No one bothered to let us know. The complete disrespect of people's time is so irritating. Especially when you have to arrange childcare and all, thanks Tracy for helping! The meeting has been rescheduled for the 16th and we will actually meet Mariah's biological parents at that time.


Heavenly Father, I pray for YOUR WILL in Mariah's case. I have grown to love her so much over the past month and realize that she is NOT MINE. I want to protect her and keep her safe and healthy. I pray that if she is reunited with family one day that they have been given the skills to care for her. She deserves so much love and attention, thank you for choosing me to be the one to give her those things at this time in her life. Thank you Lord for growing my heart through the fostering of your precious children.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

I hope the appointment this past week went well. Mariah is beautiful!!! We'll see you guys tomorrow. :)